Accounting tips that will help your business

Every week we publish accounting tips to help your business but remember, our accountants are never too far away, so for more help and advice on Accounting and Taxation, contact your Local AIMS Accountant today.

Are you receiving an income from a rented property? Don't forget to notify the HMRC to avoid being fined


Do you employ people that are under 21? Have a look at our latest update for the changes in National Insurance Contributions


If you run a limited company do you know what you are allowed to expense? Speak to an AIMS Accountant who might be able to save you money


If you are a cash business, you need to keep your records in order to avoid penalties. AIMS can make it easy for you. Speak to your local accountant


Check your tax code to make sure you aren't paying too much. If you need help you are never far from an AIMS Accountant


Panic stations! You have 29 days to submit your self-assessment tax-return. Speak to your AIMS Accountant and don't leave it any longer


If you are running a business and your turnover exceeds £79,000 per year you will need to register for VAT. Speak to AIMS for more information


If you are setting up a company and intend to pay yourself a salary, you will need to set up a Pay As You Earn scheme with HMRC. Speak to AIMS for more information


If you are; self-employed, a company director, a minister or if your annual income is over £100k, or you have income from savings, investments or property you will need to submit a self-assessment tax return form by 31st January 2014. Speak to your AIMS Accountant and don’t leave it too late!


Your flat rate turnover is all the income you receive, incl. VAT. It's easy to underpay which can result in penalties, speak to a professional


If your job requires you to travel on business you may be able to get tax relief on your travel expenses and subsistence. Speak to your local AIMS Accountant for more information


If you use your car for work you may be able to claim mileage or fuel, you can go back several years, but its best to speak to an Accountant. Contact AIMS for more information, we don't charge for a chat


Do you sell vehicles? The VAT can change depending on whether the vehicle is new or old. Contact AIMS to find out more


Today is the last day that you can submit paper versions of your Self Assessment Tax Returns. If you need help, contact your local AIMS Accountant


Did you know that Self Assessment Tax Returns (paper versions) need to be submitted by 31st Oct? If you need help, contact your local AIMS Accountant if you need help