Your local business accountant for all tax and accountancy services including but not limited to year end accounts, VAT, payroll and tax return services.
If you are in business, you have to keep records and you have to pay tax. Businesses use an accountant to take the headache out of those records and that tax. Those are key things. But your accountant can do so much more for you than just those basics.
Roy trained as a chartered accountant with Peat Marwick Mitchell (now KPMG), where he worked with many large international firms. After that he worked as finance director in smaller companies in light industry. Now he looks after the accounts and tax work for a large variety of independent businesses. Whether they are a multi-million business or a one-man band, or anything in-between, they rely on him for advice and help on all sorts of business issues:
- Setting up the business – Should I form a limited company, or be a sole trader or partnership? Can my accountant do it for me?
- Running the business – Do I want Roy to do the bookkeeping? Or VAT? Or payroll? Or CIS? Or … ?
- Monitoring the business – Would regular management accounts help me see what’s going on?
- Controlling the business – Every business needs annual accounts and tax returns.
- Improving the business – Do I need advice on how to keep the books, or new software, or a staff problem, or a letter from the tax office, or … ?
- Selling the business – What about capital gains tax?
Once we’ve agreed what you want, advice is just a phone call away. Roy will visit you when you want him to and do what you’ve asked him to do. Maybe just the annual accounts and tax return. Maybe a lot more. Whatever you decide you want, you will know you’re up to date.