“Telling the truth may not get you a lot of friends, but it will get you the right friends.” John Lennon
This is not news to any of us and whether it reflects your personal life or in this case your business life, being straight up counts for everything.
So here are a few truths about being successful in running a small business:
• You must enjoy doing what you are doing, otherwise you would not invest so much time and effort
• You must be able to relate to your clients and customers – treat them as your friends
• Tax and regulation are not going away, and whatever type of Brexit we have (or even if the UK remains) and whatever party is in charge, it will increase
• There are some great opportunities for small business and entrepreneurs, but it requires a bit of luck, determination and hard work
• You need to have a good team – internal and external
The last point is very important to us – in fact it is where we come in. We focus on the numbers so that you can focus on what is most important to you: running and developing your own business.
We would like you to work with an AIMS accountant, but if you prefer not, please make sure that your advisors and accountants are fully qualified and have all the professional experience to offer you the support you need and want to make your life easier
If you like the way we think – you will like the way we work.
AIMS Accountants for Business are the largest independent association of professionally qualified accountants in the UK specialising in accountancy for small, local and independent businesses. AIMS are no ordinary accountants and we are more than just number crunchers!